Saturday, August 8, 2015

On The Road Once Again...

June, 2015
Tanzania...Kenya


I made sure to get up well before sunrise that last morning in Tanzania, wanting to have time to enjoy the silence and the stillness around me...to be alone with my thoughts and be present. It was to be a long day of driving back across the border into Kenya where we would be spending two days at Masai Mara. One can see and learn a lot even in the confines of a jeep...the lush, green fertile countryside, men herding their cows, women gracefully balancing plastic water jugs on their heads, children smiling and waving as we passed by, motorcycles and bicycles, dry dirt roads and mud and brick huts...a way of life so foreign to me and one that will go on long after I am gone. Do the people I see have the same dreams that I do...

                                           Leaving Tanzania









Back In Kenya















No comments:

Post a Comment