Sunday, September 11, 2011

And good shall prevail...

Watching TV this morning and the 9/11 memorials, I remember the horror of that day 10 years ago...and like millions of Americans, I weep and I pray.  I am reminded once again of the fragility of life; how easy it is to take freedom for granted; how easy it is to get caught up in things unimportant; how easy it is to let circumstances cloud the air. I used to keep a "Gratitude Journal", a book, in addition to my regular journal, where I would begin each day with an affirmation of something that I was grateful for. It didn't have to be a "big ticket item", but what the exercise did was to put in perspective how even the smallest things we tend to not think much about could be blessings and reminders of all that is perfect in our lives. So, on this last Sunday at home before I leave, I will write again, remembering how much I love my country and how proud I am to be an American...for this I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. yes, and good shall prevail!! we are part of those fortunate people who had a relative on a flight from the US to Mexico... my younger sibling was in a UA flight from SFO to MEX, they made an emergency landing, and he managed to get to SAN and then to TIJ... made it home to MEX by midnight... things and perspective changed from this date... I am greatful for what I have and where I am right now. God bless..

    ReplyDelete