Sunday, June 25, 2017

The Romance Of Bruges...

Bruges, Belgium
May 1

Our ship docked in Ghent and then it was a bus ride to Bruges, a splendid medieval city often called the “Venice of the North” without the flooding. I had been here twice before, but the magic wasn’t any less, although this time the weather was very cold necessitating the purchase of a sweatshirt and gloves. Bruges, close to the North Sea and considered to be one of the most important cities in Belgium, is a "romantic jewel" that one can go back to many times. A boat ride on the canal was a lovely way to see areas that I might have missed walking around as I was more concerned with keeping warm at the start of my visit than checking out all the landmarks. I will admit, however, that the chocolate shops on every corner plus the mussels, fries, and beer at lunch were the perfect antidote to the chill.















No comments:

Post a Comment