Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Quick Visit To Hong Kong...

February 19, 2014
Hong Kong

A final adventure on my way home with a fifteen hour layover in Hong Kong...long enough to take a tour of the city and eat some mighty fine Chinese food. Kowloon Peninsula is wall-to-wall shops; I've never seen such hustle and bustle of people buying and buying and buying. And then there was the shopping mall of seven hundred stores where I had lunch at the House of Jasmine. I had heard how Hong Kong is the “mecca” for shopping, but all I could manage was to buy some Belgian chocolate...too much energy and too many choices for me!

After lunch, I met up with the tour guide and we were on our way to Hong Kong Island...a beautiful spot surrounded by the South China Sea and a paradise for the wealthy. Land is a precious commodity in Hong Kong so the apartment buildings go up and up and up. Although the view from one's terrace might be spectacular, with my fear of heights, I don't mind not knowing anyone living in one of those skyscrapers as I would not be able to visit.

Lots of fun and a great way to end a remarkable journey...














No comments:

Post a Comment