Saturday, October 1, 2011

Shalom Israel...I will be back...

October 1
Tel Aviv

So there I was on this last day in Israel, sitting on a stool facing the azure-blue Mediterranean, eating tart frozen yogurt laden with fresh mangoes, melon, pineapple, and figs. Certainly, I could not have asked for a better send-off! We had just finished another long walk to the sea (I made sure to wet my arms and legs for yet one more taste.) and it was time for some light refreshment before heading back home. Not just because I was in Tel Aviv with the sound of the crashing waves in my ear, but this was, clearly, the best frozen yogurt I have ever eaten; too bad I just discovered it! Israeli ice cream is also good; well, it can't compare to Italian gelato, but I'll have one of those tomorrow night!

The suitcases are packed; the boarding pass is printed; my flight leaves at 5:00 am tomorrow morning.

Shalom Israel...it has been wonderful.

Ciao Italia...and my adventure continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment