Thursday, September 13, 2018

The Inspiring Geography Of Namibia...


June 12-13
Namib Desert

Namibia, twice the size of Germany, is located in south-western Africa with  Angola and Zambia in the north, Botswana in the east, South Africa in the south, and the Atlantic Ocean on the west coast. The Namib Desert in the western part of the country is one of the most remarkable geographical features I have ever been privileged to experience. A coastal desert consisting of dune fields, gravel plains, and bare rocks, it runs for almost the entire length of Namibia and the Namib Sand Sea, filled with undulating dunes, is larger than the size of Israel and Lebanon combined…and truly a remarkable sight.



Sesriem Canyon


Sossusvlei
Piles of sand and red dunes that are as heigh as a 60 foot skyscraper







Climbing "Big Daddy"
Three of our group of six + Usko, our fearless guide, made it up the mountain. I gave it my "best shot", but a fear of heights quickly took over and Usko gallantly walked me down the "little" that I had walked up, so that, along with two others, I could hike without the altitude!


Pan Of White Clay







No comments:

Post a Comment