Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Paradise In Patagonia...

El Calafate, Argentina
March 9-11


An afternoon flight to the town of El Calafate located near the  edge of the Patagonian Ice Field. Our first taste of cold air and a chance to start putting on my layers as I explored the area. Los Glaciares National Park, home to the Perito Moreno Glacier, was on the agenda for the next morning, but before our trek even started, the soles of my hiking boots crumbled in my hotel room, leaving a trail of rubber all over the floor. All was not lost, however, as my layer of thermal underwear and very thick socks kept me warm and the other shoes that I had brought with me were decent substitutes. (And yes...one of the first things I did upon arriving home in San Diego was to buy new boots...)
















No comments:

Post a Comment