Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Flight of a Lifetime...

Il 12 guigno
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe


Those who know me well are keenly aware of my fear of heights. It goes far beyond a case of nerves and, on more than one occasion, I have had to“will” my almost catatonic body to move; so great is my phobia. So I had no intention of getting into a helicopter and flying over Victoria Falls...that is, until Lea and Charles talked me into it, promising to do whatever it took to keep me feeling safe. I owe my“Flight of a Lifetime” to this lovely couple from North Carolina who, with their friendship and support, empowered me to have my grandest adventure yet.


Arriving at the airfield, the level of excitement our group of four experienced only increased when we saw the helicopter revving up the engines. I sat up front next to the pilot and once on board, we were in the air within moments. The view of the falls from above was sheer magic and everywhere one looked evoked another “ahh...” There was never any fear; only a feeling of thankfulness and awe in the presence of greatness.







   

No comments:

Post a Comment